NAVC Event Attendee Policy and Guidelines
At the North American Veterinary Community (NAVC), we enjoy a positive relationship with our attendees. Because we receive a high volume of attendance from various members, sponsors and media, we ask for their cooperation with the following policies and guidelines. This will ensure that our members, as well as our sponsors and partners, enjoy the best experience possible. By registering for and/or attending an NAVC event, in any format, you are acknowledging that you agree to the following terms, which constitutes an agreement between you and NAVC. THIS POLICY IS BINDING UPON ALL REGISTRANTS AND ATTENDEES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THEIR AGENTS, EMPLOYEES AND REPRESENTATIVES WHO MAY ATTEND AN NAVC EVENT.
NAVC EVENT POLICIES AND GUIDELINES
• All attendees must be registered for the NAVC event or have a guest badge, including anyone under the age of 18.
• Attendees must ensure that they are not disruptive to any sessions, workshops, special events or the overall event experience.
• Remarks or discussions during presentations should deal with the major issues regarding the presentation, reserving minor issues for direct communication with the authors and/or presenters.
• Content from all educational sessions, entertainment and other special events is protected by the United States copyright laws and is the exclusive property of the NAVC, its representatives, agents or its authors. You may not, under any circumstances, share, distribute, publish, repurpose or sell any such content, or attempt to do so, in any way without the prior written consent from the NAVC.
• You shall not publish or post any articles, pictures, materials or any other information regarding or obtained from an NAVC event without a press pass or prior written consent from NAVC. For more information about obtaining a press pass, please contact Public Relations at PublicRelations@navc.com.
• Video and/or audio recording of any kind is strictly prohibited in all educational sessions, entertainment and other special events (i.e. educational sessions, workshops, expo hall) without prior written consent from the NAVC.
• Any person who attends an NAVC event that sells, markets or represents a company or organization for the purpose of obtaining advertising, sales, or subscriptions from any attendee, sponsor or exhibitor immediately forfeits their registration fee and participation in the NAVC event.
• At NAVC networking events both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages may be served. NAVC expects participants at our events to drink responsibly. NAVC and Meeting host event staff have the right to deny service to participants for any reason, and may require a participant to leave the event.
The NAVC reserves the right to deny, refuse or revoke admission during pre-registration, as well as on-site.
ONLINE POLICIES AND GUIDELINES
For all chat interactions during and NAVC Virtual Experience, we expect participants to abide by the Event’s Code of Conduct to ensure the environment remains productive, professional and respectful. The following online and digital guidelines will further help ensure we maintain an inclusive community:
● Be respectful of others.
● Avoid conflicts, arguments, boisterous, lewd or offensive behavior, language and gestures.
● Use common sense, kindness and consideration.
● The discussions and comments are meant to stimulate conversation and educational development, not to create undue contention.
● Do not post commercial messages for any product or service.
You may not create audio or video recordings of the Event presentation, in its entirety or any portion of the Event presentation, given by NAVC, any of their speaker(s) and sponsor(s) during the Event (the “Presentation Recordings”), and may not simultaneously broadcast or live-stream the Presentation Recordings or post the Presentation Recordings on any website.
EVENT CODE OF CONDUCT
NAVC is dedicated to creating a safe, welcoming and positive environment for all participants, and we appreciate your assistance in achieving these goals. You agree to treat other event attendees and participants with respect and kindness at all times. In particular, you agree not to harass any participants, including but not limited to the following:
● Offensive comments related to age, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability or physical appearance
● Sexual or other explicit images in public spaces
● Deliberate intimidation, stalking or following
● Harassing or unwanted photography or recording
● Disruption of educational sessions or other events
● Inappropriate physical contact
● Unwelcome sexual attention
● Demeaning, discriminatory, or exclusionary behavior, jokes or speech
CONSEQUENCES OF UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR
NAVC reserves the right to expel anyone from the event who participates in behavior that NAVC, in its sole discretion, deems harassing, unsafe or otherwise inappropriate. You agree that NAVC will have no liability in connection with such an expulsion, and there will be no refund or compensation of any kind associated therewith.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU WITNESS OR ARE SUBJECTED TO UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a NAVC organizer immediately. NAVC organizers will be happy to help participants contact local law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe and welcome during NAVC events.
The NAVC may, from time to time, contract third-party professional photographers, videographers, and other service providers to be present at NAVC events (“Approved Third-Parties”). Therefore, please note that any photographs, videos and audio recordings taken at an NAVC event by NAVC or by Approved Third-Parties may be used in future NAVC publications, online or in other NAVC promotional materials or may be used by the Approved Third-Parties. Attendance or participation in the NAVC event constitutes your consent to NAVC’s and the Approved Third-Parties’ use and publication of your image and/or voice in photographs, videotapes, audiotapes or other electronic media pertaining to NAVC’s events and activities.
As a registered attendee of an NAVC event, you acknowledge, agree, and consent to that (i) your basic information of name, address, company, phone and email address will be encoded on your event badge, (ii) NAVC may share, sell or rent limited personal information to exhibitors or sponsors that offer products and services related to veterinary medicine, and (iii) NAVC may also share relevant information with trusted third-party service providers to perform duties such as statistical analysis, packaging and arrange for deliveries. NAVC may also access and/or disclose the information if we believe such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law or legal process served on NAVC, (b) protect and defend the rights or property of NAVC (including the enforcement of our agreements), or (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of other attendees, NAVC employees or contingent staff, users of NAVC services, or members of the public.
Your participation in and attendance at an NAVC event is completely voluntary. NAVC does not guarantee admittance to any specific event, session, entertainment, sponsored event or keynote and reserves the right to refuse admittance to any session, keynote or event to any Attendee, at its sole discretion. NAVC may broadcast certain sessions into overflow rooms to accommodate the access of all attendees. Unless specified otherwise, all events, entertainment, sponsored events, keynotes and sessions are seated on a first-come first-served basis. You accept and assume all risks of any and all personal injury or damage to you and your personal property that you may face while attending an NAVC event, or using affiliated services, and waive any claims against NAVC, its industry partners, and affiliates, and each of their respective employees, volunteers, agents, representatives, and program participants and their guests and/or traveling companions relating to such risks.
NAVC may also contact you to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services and updates that may be offered. NAVC may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (email, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to the third party.
You further acknowledge that no amount of money, or other remedy available at law, would adequately compensate the NAVC for damages, which the parties agree NAVC would suffer as a result of your violation of the above terms. In the event of a violation, NAVC reserves the right to immediately terminate your attendance privileges and your rights to attend current and future NAVC events. Further, the parties acknowledge that NAVC is entitled to obtain, upon application to a court of competent jurisdiction and without the need to prove actual damages to NAVC or to post bond, a preliminary restraining order and such other temporary or permanent injunctive relief as may be appropriate, to enforce against you the above terms, which injunctive relief shall be in addition to any other rights or remedies available to NAVC.
These Terms and any disputes arising out of or related hereto, shall be governed exclusively by the internal laws of the State of Florida and controlling United States federal law, without regard to their conflicts of laws rules. The state and federal courts located in Orange County, Florida shall have exclusive jurisdiction to adjudicate any dispute arising out of or relating to these Terms. Each party hereby consents to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts.
NAVC shall have no liability whatsoever if an NAVC event is delayed, changed, or cancelled at any time due to strikes, lockouts, accidents, fires, floods, severe weather, acts of God, healthcare crises, epidemics and pandemics as a result of viral or bacterial illnesses, forced shut-downs, emergencies, war, riots, terrorist attacks, any actions constituting a “force majeure,” or any other causes or delays beyond NAVC’s reasonable control, whether similar to or different from the causes above enumerated.
For any questions related to these guidelines, please contact us at Info@NAVC.com or +1.352.375.5672. Thank you for your interest in the NAVC.
Attached below is a PDF version of the 2023 NAVC Event Attendee Guidelines.